Black Rice Salad with Zespri® Kiwifruit & Cashews
By Dietitian and nutritionist Rebecca Scritchfield
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2½ cups cooked and cooled black or brown rice
- 2 Zespri® SunGold Kiwifruit, peeled and cut
- 1 cup quartered strawberries
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 2 tsp chopped fresh mint
- ⅓ cup salted cashew pieces
6 servings, ⏲ 2½ hours
In small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, honey, mustard, salt, pepper and garlic. In large bowl, stir dressing into cooked rice. Stir in remaining ingredients except cashews.
Cover and refrigerate up to 2 hours before serving to allow flavours to blend. Stir in cashews just before serving.
1 cup of uncooked black rice yields 2 1/2 cups of cooked rice.